Friday, 4 January 2013

In the footsteps...

So ....the start of a new year and I can't believe how long it is since I shared anything here. I have been devoting my crafting hours lately to learning how to paint with watercolours which wasn't actually what I set out to do but the mixed media course that I signed up for turned out to be something completely different to what I was expecting! I did however learn some very useful techniques and in the meantime I also discovered a fabulous artist called Moy Mackay when I was in Scotland in October and my artistic journey took another detour. I can't claim that this is a completely original piece of work as I used her excellent book and image to create it but I am really pleased with the result and now that I have got a handle on the techniques I can't wait to 'paint' some more felt pictures. Watch this space....

Linking up here:

6 comments:

  1. It's lovely Gillian, looking forward to seeing more and to having a shot myself in March :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning Gillian. I love it. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to our first challenge of 2013 at Crafty Creations Challenges! WOW - your felt project is stunning! Love the colours and its fabulous that your journey is taking little detours if this is the result! bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again, i cant find your email address, would you mind emailing me craftyb@sky.com
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a tonne for playing with us at Divas by design this wk! hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous creation! Thanks for joining us on our new challenge for 2013 at CraftyCatz! Kim x

    ReplyDelete