Friday, 24 June 2011

Taste of the Orient

Hi All it was lovely looking at all the different cards in our Under the Sea Challenge it really is nice to see all the different ideas out there. Very inspirational.
The new challenge at Cardmadfairy's Digi Days is Taste of the Orient and our sponsor this time is Little Claire's who is offering 3 digi downloads to out winner.  Now this is not a type of card I have ever tried before so I was a bit worried but when I checked out my stash of papers I was surprised by the number of different options I had. In the end I decided to use some digi papers from Summer Driggs which I thought were the best match for the new Geisha image at Cardmadfairy. I love the fact that with a digi you can resize the image to suit your design. I found an old book of Japanese prints I had been given years ago for inspiration as I had decided I wanted to give the image a background which I haven't tried before. I used my distress inks and a bit of masking for the background and my Promarkers for the image adding a little sparkle with Sakura gelly roll pens. As I didn't have any oriental embellishments in my stash I drew the fan onto a piece of white Shrink Plastic and added a tassel.
I would like to enter the following challenges. Colour Dare red peach and pear Sparkly The letter G(Geisha) Anything Goes Anything Goes Use Red Use a digi Asian Inspiration Use a friendship sentiment

Friday, 10 June 2011


This time the challenge at Cardmadfairy's Digi Days  calls for an Underwater Theme for your project.
The sponsor this time is Stichybear Stamps

I am just recently back from a lovely visit to Scotland to stay with my sister Jenni. While I was there she made a beautiful shaped card which you can see here for the Teddy Bo challenge and I was so inspired by it I decided to try something similar for this challenge.
 I chose to use the Cardmadfairy mermaid image combined with the seaweed which I printed twice. I coloured them with Promarkers and then cut them out. I used a pudding bowl to make the shape of my card before sticking on the Basic Grey backing paper. I layered the images using sticky pads to give the mermaid some dimention. The seaweed in the foreground is actually acetate which I coloured with alchohol inks before cutting into the shape I wanted and blasting it with a heat gun to make it curl. The anchor was a lucky find in my button box.
I am entering the following challenges: anything goes, use a sea image optional theme shape card use Tim Holtz (alcohol Inks)