Friday 22 June 2012

Girly Girl


This weeks installment is coming to you from a speeding train heading north to Scotland where I am planning to spend an all to brief weekend staying with the Cardmadfairy herself and celebrating our baby sister's birthday. As you can probably tell from the card I have made she is not really a baby any more! 

I was really pleased when my new copy of  Homemade magazine came through the letter box with a free set of papers and stamps on a seaside theme as my sister actually lives at the seaside. I used one of my favourite Cardmadfairy stamps called 'all dressed up' and reversed its usual orientation, coloured it with my trusty promarkers, built up a scene with the freebees and coloured up some wooden numbers I have had for ever. Hey Presto job done!

Our new challenge at the Cardmadfairy this time is 'Girly' not an unusual theme but a very popular one,one of my favourites in fact, so I am expecting to see lots of fabulous girly cards etc. Have fun!
Also entering the following:
http://oldiebutagoodiechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ banners & bunting (use something old, numbers)
http://www.alwayscrafting.blogspot.co.uk/ Summer
http://lovetocreatechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ Summer time fun
http://www.thehousethatstampsbuilt.com/ beach
http://thepapershelter.blogspot.co.uk/ the great outdoors

14 comments:

  1. Cute, thanks for playing @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous brights colours, and love the scene you have created Gillian...
    Thanks for joining in with us at Crafty Sentiments..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Thanks for joining us at Love to Create Challenge, your card is great fun. Wendy DT xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Gillian, I like the background and the image.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute, cute, card! I love your bg beach/boardwalk scene. How creative! Thank you for joining us at the DCC at The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous summer scene- love the beach huts
    Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a goodie this fortnight
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very clever Gillian....love how you fit the image into the scene.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just darling! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Love to Create Challenge!! Come Back & Play with us again really soon!!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card makes me wanna go to the beach!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Love to Create Challenge!
    Hope to see you in our next challenge!
    Hugs,
    Krista
    www.kristadesign.nl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cuteness! You have created the most fun scene, and it takes me back a few years to happy memories! Great card - I'm sure your sister loved it :) Thanks for taking part in our DCC challenge at The House That Stamps Built!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this card--the sentiment is absolutely fabulous! Your scene is amazing and I just love this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun, I just love those seagulls and all your beautiful details! Thanks for joining us this week for our "Welcome Summer" challenge @ CTO :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, what great images. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool card! Thanks for joining us at Love to Create Challenge!
    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete