Sunday 25 April 2010

Life Through a Lens




I was really pleased to see this weeks challenge from Scrap the Art as I needed to make a card for some neighbours who are moving this week. They have lived just along the road for 14 years and my husband Steve particularly will miss them as he and Dean share an interest in scooters and spend hours out in the garage working on them (actually they are usually just gassing!). Gives me time to craft uninterrupted though! ;0)
The stimulus for the challenge this time is a picture by M.C. Esher called Hand with Reflecting Sphere from around 1935. My sister Jenni has made a card with a beautiful flowery take on it over here.
As soon as I saw it I thought of looking into a crystal ball to see the future, which connected with the idea of moving house. I also wanted a chance to use a Zentangle on a card and this really graphic picture with all the different reflections seemed like the ideal opportunity. If you are not sure what a Zentangle is have a look at this blog, it is really relaxing and fun to do. Basically it is just doodling, something anyone can do but I love the effects you can create.

I am also entering these challenges
Polka Doodles - Monochromatic
Saturday Challenge - Distressing
PaperPlay Challenges - No Patterned Paper

13 comments:

  1. Brilliant Gillian, nearly used some Zentangle on this challenge myself - very Esher!
    Jenni X

    ReplyDelete
  2. An amazing card. Thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So detailed. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply breathtaking. Love it.

    Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing image. I completly agree it does seem like a fortune teller looking into the future. My favorite is the sold sign in front of the house. Very positive card. Thanks for playing with us at Scrap the art Your projects are always so beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - that is stunning, Gillian - "just doodling" you call it!!! I love it - can imagine it blown up huge on fabric and made into a wall hanging.

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow totally amazing image.....love it. Thanks for playing along at Scrap The Art.
    Hugs
    Michelle Rivera

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing image , thanks for joining us at polkadoodles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I've never seen this technique. Just awesome. Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a stunner, it's amazing!
    Thanks so much for sharing it with us at this week's Polka Doodles challenge.
    PS: you might be interested to know that the stamps I've designed came about through Hobby Art seeing a Zentangle doodle atc I made.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gillian, this is amazing! Just stunning. Well done and thank you for taking part in two of my challenges this week - Paperplay & Scrap the Art.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This so terrific and very clever. I will definetly have to have a try as I love to doodle. Never thought to use it on cards though.

    ReplyDelete